Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Still Alive

July 15, 2013


Mom,


The time here just flies by. It is super weird how the time works here in the mission. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing you an email. It is weird that you didn´t get it on Monday? I sent it on Monday… strange. Haha.


Things are good here. We have been teaching some good lessons with people. There are a couple of good investigators that are progressing. The hard part is getting people to come to church. We had one investigator in church yesterday, but ironically she is one of the ones who isn´t progressing very much. We will just keep working hard to get people to church.


I don´t really know what to say... Haha. Elder Silva will be leaving on Tuesday, and Elder Aburto will be coming here. I will have to direct the sector... which is always a little bit difficult. It has been kind of weird being with a companion, knowing I would only be with him for a little while.


As far as the rain jacket goes... I like grey or black. But if you buy one... make sure that it is waterproof. My coats are all kind of waterproof. The Eddie Bauer one is okay, but it isn´t completely waterproof material. It doesn´t have to look very formal. It can look sporty. Just something that will keep me dry. That is the most important. Haha. And yes, you still send everything to Casilla 7-0 Osorno, Chile.  And remember that it is through the United States Postal Service.


You are kind of funny. Haha. No, we don´t have a car. Or bikes. Those don´t exist in our mission. Haha. We still walk places, or take a taxi. We take taxis quite a bit here, actually.


Sorry I don´t have anything very worthwhile to say today. Haha. I should really write some things down to share. We have spiritual experiences all the time and we see miracles every single day, but they are such a frequent occurrence that they just seem normal to me. But I bet you would probably like to hear about them. We gave like 12 Priesthood blessings this week. So that was pretty cool.


Elder Warren


P.S.  It was great to hear from Kathryn Maddix and from Carters father with some pictures of Carter in Madagascar.

No comments:

Post a Comment