Friday, August 23, 2013

I've Still Got It!

August 12, 2013


Mom!!

I want to start off by telling you not to put any kind of cream or vitamins in the package. It will get opened and inspected if you do that. Don´t worry, they sell that kind of stuff here. I am living in a pretty big city and there are like 10 farmacías. So I can get that kind of stuff. I would, though, like Twizzler Pull-n-Peel licorice! Licorice does not exist here.

Mom... You didn´t tell me that Jordan was working at the Guy Fierri Restaurant!! Isn´t that dude like famous? I have seen that restaurant on TV!  That is so sweet! Nick would be dying if he knew that! Tell his mother to tell him. And ask if he got my second letter? It sounds like Jordan is doing well! Good for him! That is awesome.

I love the sleeping bag. It is great. I sleep so much warmer now! That is awesome. I gave a jar of peanut butter to Elder Aburto and I took mine to Correlación.  We made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with sopaipillas! They were good!  The sister missionary from Orem was so excited that I had peanut butter! Haha.

I still got it, Mama. I spoke in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. I spoke for about 15 minutes, and I had them all laughing. Haha. It was my first time speaking in Spanish in church, but it turned out really well. To answer your question: I am in a branch, not a ward. There are 523 members on the records, but only 20 come to church. Crazy, right?  We have a lot of work to do here; A lot of work.

Hey, I also have been doing some singing lately. The Hermana’s de Ancahaul had a baptism, and my companion and I sang in a special musical number. We also sang a special musical number in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. We sang "Fe en Cada Paso" con las Hermana’s. It is the mission "theme song".  It was fun!

I went on an intercambio con Elder Leatham this week. He has one cambio less on the mission than me. It was a lot of fun. Haha. We didn´t even speak in English the entire time!  The only time that I speak English anymore is if I am teaching English Class. I teach those every Saturday.

We are busy here. There is a lot of work to do. It seems like we are always running from one place to another trying to get everything done. We have had to sprint back to the house almost every night to get back on time. We are working overtime here pretty much to get everything done.  We get back to the house exhausted every single day.

Last week you were wondering about what I do every single day... I will dedicate an email in the future to tell you what my daily routine is.

I think that is all for this week. I have to go get my hair cut again because they did a really bad job last week. I think I am just going to have them buzz it.

Tell Brett I say hello. Mike Maddix sent me an email that said "we ate beans for dinner”. I laughed.

Elder Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment