Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Where Am I?



July 9, 2013


Mother!


Holy cow... things are crazy down here. Haha. I am not in Llanquihue. There was an emergency cambio. Those almost never happen. The real cambio wasn´t supposed to be for another week! Buckle up and get ready to hear what happened!!!


A Sobre cambio only happens when there are big problems with a companionship. Don’t worry; Elder Amone and I were tight. We got along super well. But when another companionship doesn’t get along, another companionship also has to split up. So it was the other companionship. What happened is that my current companion, Elder Silva, got punched in the face by his last companion!!!! What the freak!? We were sitting in the house when we got the call from President Rappleye. He said I needed to pack my bags and head up to Villarica first thing in the morning. He told us what happened and said that he was going to put the Elder that threw the punch with Elder Amone, because he said that if the Elder tried to hit Elder Amone, Elder Amone would kill him. Hahaha. So at 11:00 Wednesday night I packed my bags and was gone by the next morning at 9:00. This Elder that threw the punch is a very aggressive person. He is famous in the mission for fighting with everyone. He has gotten in fights in the street with a few drunken guys and a gangster. He has some troubles with his temper. So... after 5 months in Llanquihue I didn´t get to say goodbye to anybody. Absolutely nobody. That kind of stinks.


It was a two hour bus ride from Llanquihue to Osorno. Then we all had to talk to President. Then a four hour bus ride north to Villarica. A long day of traveling. I came up here with Elder Chamorro (Chileno) and met up with Elder Silva. He is from Utah. His Mom is from Venezuela and his Dad is from Ecuador. He is super nice. I really like him a lot, but President said that I would only be companions with him for a week, and then another Elder is going to come up here from Chiloe; Elder Aburto (another Chileno). So... That is going to be a challenge because I will be directing the sector... so I have a week to learn where everything is. Crazy stuff.


It is weird being in a new Sector. It is super different here. We are in a much bigger city. There are eight missionaries here; 4 Elders and 4 Hermanas. The section where we live is super nice. Like… all of the houses are super nice. It is weird. There aren´t as many dogs here, either. We are in the furthest sector north in the misiĆ³n, so it doesn´t rain as much either. It hasn´t rained since I got here.
Being at church was one of the weirdest experiences of my entire life. So we roll up there and the capilla is huge. Brand new, and beautiful. Like… 5 times bigger and nicer than the one in Llanquihue. Guess how many attended in Llanquihue? 70 on average attended Church. Here? 23. Only 23 people. I felt super uncomfortable. I had to go up and present myself in this big chapel to 23 people… so strange. And the members here… aren´t as friendly with the missionaries. And I am definitely going to lose weight here because the mamita makes hardly any food. I guess I just gotta look at it like a blessing in disguise.


There is an active Volcano here that is Only 20 minutes away. It is really pretty here. Super pretty. There is a huge lake and everything. I don´t have any pictures of here yet. With the move and how crazy everything was… I haven´t had a chance to take any pictures. This picture is of me and my umbrella when it broke in Llanquihue.


It is fun being in a city with a bunch of missionaries. We teach English classes here as well. There is a sister missionary here from Paraguay. She speaks English really well. I would marry that lady just for her Accent! Haha. ¡Que chueco! I am just kidding. But I do like her accent. Today we had an activity at the church. We played basketball, ping pong, and a Hermana from Nicaragua made us typical food from her country.


I still haven´t seen my package. It is probably in Puerto Varas (close to Llanquihue) because they probably forwarded it before they knew about the Sobre Cambio. So… I don´t know when I will see it. That is super nice that you are sending me an iPod. Hmm… What else do I need? I don´t really know. Whatever you think. There are things that I always want. Maybe the pants that I sent home in the mail? All of my pants are fine, but it would be nice to have those two other pairs. Also…maybe a rain jacket? I know I have two, but one of them isn´t extremely waterproof. It keeps me sort of dry for like… a few hours. The other one I have (from Eddie Bauer) is better. I went and looked at some in Puerto Montt at the mall, in the North Face store. But they were like 400 bucks. So… I didn´t buy it. I don´t really know what kind; something waterproofish/warm. I would keep looking myself, but we are like 3 hours away from Valdivia and that is where the closest mall is. These things aren´t urgent or even required… just things on my wish list.


I love you. The pictures of the Adrienne and the family are super cute! I think the mail system here is weird, like you said. Because I sent something to Kinzie Payne and she got it in like two weeks! Haha. I sent something for Brett. Tell him happy birthday. There is also something in the mail for the family Allan. I didn´t have their address, so I mailed it to you. I heard from my dad. I sent him a letter today, too.


I hope you are doing well. I also wrote you a letter. Who knows when it will get there… but eventually?


Love Elder Warren


p.s. I heard from Nick. I sent him another letter with 50 Chilean pesos. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment