Saturday, February 2, 2013

Three days left!!!

Friday,  February 01, 2013
Hey mom!
I haven't heard from you this week! I hope everything is going well. I got a package in the mail yesterday, but I can't pick it up until 11:00 today. I have a feeling that it might be from you.. but I don't really know. I guess that I will find out.
Did Makayla give you my flight plans? I hope she did... because I can't really remember them off of the top of my head right now. I know that I leave the MTC at four in the morning on Monday. We fly to Los Angeles. We have a five hour layover in Los Angeles!!! How crazy is that. I think that I am there between 8-1:30, so I will be calling sometime in that time frame. So... keep your phone close by and make sure that Makayla is right there the whole time. Deal? I already bought my phone card. Guess how many minutes? 500! I doubt I will be able to talk the entire time, but I should be able to talk to you lovely ladies for a while. :) After Los Angeles, we fly for 14 hours to Santiago. In Santiago we have a three hour layover, and then we fly to Osorno. So it will be like... 26+ hours of travel. I will be the bearded wonder when I meet my mission president, because I won't have a chance to shave the whole time I am traveling! haha.
I finally met the Osornites!!! Haha. That is what all the other missionaries going to my mission call themselves. I knew that there were seven of them here somewhere, and I finally met all of them on Wednesday! We will all be traveling together. They all seem like really nice guys! They were all pretty friendly. They kind of acted like I was the long lost sheep, haha. They knew from day one that I was there somewhere in the MTC, and they always wondered who I was. It will be good to travel with them. Well, hopefully. They all know eachother really well because they have pretty much spent every hour of every day together for the last nine weeks. They are all in the same district, and they all live in the same dorm. So it will be a challenge for me because I will still be kind of like the outsider. That is okay, though, because I will just win them over with my smile (Haha... I have been wearing my retainer every day! Who would have ever guessed that would happen??).
This week has been a good one, and it has really flown by! We have been just as busy as ever! Our classes haven't been as productive because everyone is just anxious to leave! My Spanish teacher sent me a package this week! It was full of some pretty awesome cookies! How nice is that?! Also, I live on the same floor as a kid from my Spanish class in high school! Elder David Stoker! He just got here on Wednesday. He is going to Argentina. It was cool to see him. I love seeing all of the kids from school here! There are a bunch of them. I see Tyler Belliston around sometimes. I talked to him yesterday, and he is leaving for Iowa on Tuesday. He just barely got here! Lucky guy! Oh!! Dave Clarke sent me a letter! I read it last night! What a stud of a guy. Peru will be lucky to have that kid and his winning smile!
Well... I have a confession to make. I broke a rule here at the MTC. Wanna know what it was? Well, the rule is that you aren't allowed to dunk the basketball during gym. I got so excited on Wednesday because it was my last gym day that I dunked the basketball!! Haha. And let me tell you, it was a dunk to remember! I threw it down like I was playing in the all-star game! It was actually pretty funny, and news traveled around our Zone like wild fire. I have random Elders coming up and calling me Elder Duncan! I didn't get in trouble or anything for dunking it. The gym supervisor was pretty impressed, actually. He just told me that I shouldn't do it again. I explained to him that I wouldn't, because I didn't have gym again before I left the MTC. He was really nice and he actually thought it was pretty funny.
I got all of my stuff handed over to Wendy Jones yesterday! Hopefully my bags will be light enough now. I think they should be fine. She told me that Nate gave his farewell. Did you go? I heard from her and from Makayla that it was pretty awesome! I am so bummed that I am missing him here at the MTC by only two days! It would have been awesome to see him! Nick is finally gone and in Tahiti!! I saw him a million times right before he left. He came and found my classroom and we took pictures. I didn't have my camera, so you need to ask his mom to send you the pictures of us when she gets them. We hugged each other and I told him that he better be with you at the airport when you come to pick me up in two years! He said he would make sure that you took him with you!
Well, I am almost out of time... so I gotta type quick. This week has been really weird. It is the strangest feeling thinking that you are spending your last few days in the US. I have been a little nervous all week. I have been nervous about the flight. I have been nervous about my spanish. I have been questioning whether I know enough to be a good missionary. I have been nervous about meeting my trainer. I have been nervous about that a lot, actually. I hope he is a good one! I have been wondering about if I will be a good missionary or not. Bottom line... I have been a little stressed this week about all of this. But I went to the temple this morning. There is this huge painting of Christ in the temple that I was sitting there looking at. While I was looking at it, my anxiety just melted away. The thought came into my head, "Don't worry, McKay. Just have faith in me." I was overwhelmed with just a fantastic feeling of peace. I looked at the picture and I remembered who I represent. I represent Jesus Christ. I have been called to do His work, and He is going to take care of me. I am not nervous anymore to head down to Chile. I am pumped! I am gonna go down there to invite everyone to come unto Christ and to slay sin!! I can't wait!
I love you, Momma! I will talk to you on Monday!
Love,
Elder Warren

 
 
Superbowl Party at the MTC!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment