Tuesday, November 19, 2013

20 Years...Very Old!!!

November 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Pie!!


Mom,

Well... today is the big day. 20 years old. I have been dreading it all week. I actually have been feeling a little depressed this week. I don’t know why. 20 just seems so old to me. I feel like my juventud is gone; my childhood, my youth. It is starting to sink in that I am not a kid anymore. I am an adult. The next milestone is 25... And that freaks me right out. The future sometimes is scary to me. In five years... I will be five years older, five years balder, five years fatter, and full of more responsibilities. But I guess I just have to roll with it and see what happens.

20... I feel like as a 20 year old person I need to be stepping it up. I need to start... pushing myself a little bit more. I am in charge of my personal progress; if I am not actively becoming the person that I want to be... I am automatically engaged in becoming someone I don’t want to be. I have been thinking all week about some good goals to set for myself. I am going to make it happen.


Wanna hear something great? The zone is going to do an activity today for my birthday. They have planned to go play basketball-- (Excellent!).  Eat Chinese food-- (I haven’t eaten Chinese since I left the United States).  And then to go bowling-- (I haven´t done that in so long!!) I am so excited!! Or.... I was so excited. They planned to do all of that for my birthday... but then my companion.... decided he didn´t want to participate, and that he would rather take a nap today. That is what he wants to do. He threw a fit and called the district leader and said that we wouldn´t be participating in my birthday activity with the zone. And really... there is nothing that I can do about it. I tried to talk to him about it, but he just said he refused and that I couldn´t make him go to the activity. And he is right...and I can´t go anywhere without him.  Frustrating!  It is like he is jealous that today isn´t his birthday. He continues with his very childish behavior.

But don´t worry, Mom. We have been invited by some members tonight to have a party, two different parties, actually. So it will still be all good. Haha. I am just... learning patience.

To answer your question about transfers... We find out today about the transfers. I have no idea what is going to happen. My companion finishes his mission in four weeks... he finishes two weeks before the end of the next transfer. I am not really sure why. I guess it is possible that I will stay with him for the next four weeks... but it will be complicated because they are shipping him out early. Maybe they will put us in a trio for the next four weeks or something.

Hey... I think that you will really appreciate the pictures that I put on today. They are pictures of me in action, contacting real people in the street. How sweet is that??? I also drew a moustache on the woman on the back of my cereal box and ordered a pizza. Oh, and a picture with a big bull in the city center.





I am doing well. I am fairly happy, considering the circumstances. I try and stay positive. I try to keep my companion working. He has totally 100 percent checked out mentally. He leaves the 18th of December. He is always talking about that. Always talking about what he is going to do when he gets home. How his dad bought him a mansion, a Chevy Camaro, how his girlfriend is a lawyer, and a bunch of other nonsense. Apparently he is getting married as soon as he gets home. He has notified the whole world. Ahh… frustrating! He also has a filthy mouth when talking about women. Absolutely filthy! I have talked to him about it, but he doesn´t care. The other day he yelled something very, very dirty at a teenage girl that was walking past us. He is just.... out of control.




Well... that is all for today. I hope you have a fantastic week. I hope Thanksgiving will be awesome. They don´t celebrate it here.

Elder Warren


No comments:

Post a Comment