Monday, November 18, 2013

Day of the Dead

November 2, 2013

This is what it's all about!!


Mom...

Hey, I want you to know something very good.... we had a pretty good week here. We are getting things turned around number wise in the sector. My companion is still really difficult. He is counting the minutes that are left until he finishes his mission. He doesn´t focus well because he is so focused on what he is going to do when he goes home. He is always talking about his girlfriend (apparently he is engaged). And he is talking about home a lot. It makes it hard to focus sometimes.

Hey, they celebrate Halloween here. It was sweet. The kids filled the streets to pedir dulces. It made me think right back to one year ago. It made me a little homesick, actually. This time last year I was having a grand old time with a very nice girl. But, it’s alright. I made some chocolate chip cookies and everything was fine.

Here is the story of the week. The other day, yesterday, was the Day of the Dead here. It is sort of like Memorial Day. Everyone goes to the cemetery. But it is something different. The cemetery here is different. It is like a Catholic da Vinci Code kind of cemetery. But they close all of the streets and people set up shops to sell stuff, flowers, food, clothing, and all kind of stuff. Now imagine the most crowed place you have ever been in your life... and then imagine somewhere more filled with people, and that is what we are talking about here. So as a zone... we decided to get in on the mix. We decided to set up a stand with fotos of Christ and a ton of other things. And then we went nuts handing out pictures and cards and folletos and all kinds of stuff. It was freaking sweet. The whole zone there going wild. I personally talked with over 1000 people yesterday. It was one of the best days of my mission.

Well, in other news, my companion pushed the son of a member (4 years old) and screamed at him to shut up. That was a little bit embarrassing.

Mom, I want you to know I am bringing the McKay Warren flare to missionary work here. I am baking cookies like a mad man. The members are getting cookies. The investigators are getting cookies. Everyone has cookies. It is fantastic, actually. People are feeling the love.


Hey...You could talk about how Nick was so excited when we got a ping pong table that he couldn´t wait and he set it all up himself.

Mom... I don´t know if you want to put one in the box... but I am in the market for a new camera. The mamita dropped my camera in Villarrica, and now it doesn´t zoom and each day the pictures turn out more and more blurry. If not. It’s alright. Mine still works. And hey!!! I am still waiting for the picture of us in front of the temple!!!!

Hope you have a good week. I love you!

Elder Warren





No comments:

Post a Comment