Monday, March 31, 2014

Wedding!!

January 20, 2014


Mamita,

Hey, this week was a pretty good week. We spent like half of the week in Punta Arenas. We stayed in the Zone Leader’s house along with the Elders from Puerto Natales. Six Elders in a house that is built for 2!!!  Haha. We were there for three nights. The interviews were fine. President just gave me advice about how to work with the branch here to be able to strengthen it. There is definitely some strengthening to be done here. There were like 15 Members at church, us, and one investigator. The asistencia is super low here. But, it is alright. We are working on that. But anyway, I didn't actually get to leave to work with Elder Borup. I left with his companion one day, and with Elder Monson another day. He is from Pleasant Grove.  Oh, and to answer your question...President travels the whole mission once every six weeks. So he comes to Punta Arenas once every six weeks, but he never comes to Porvenir. I think he came here only once when he first got to the mission, so almost three years ago. He goes home in June, I think. They already called the new Mission President. UN Mexicano. I can’t remember his name.

We made it back in time for the wedding!!! That was sweet. I sent you a picture so that you could see. They are cool people and I was super happy to see them make the decision to get married. She is a member, and he is going to get baptized on Saturday. They already have the date to go to the temple in like a year!  Super exciting!  But during the wedding I couldn't really help but think to myself that I want to go about getting married in a different way. In the temple the first time before I have kids. Haha. But it was sweet. After the wedding we had an activity in the capilla to help them celebrate! It was sweet. We made brownies from scratch, and they actually turned out really well. They were really good.


Porvenireños.... are interesting people. Most people here are extremely unfriendly. In other sectores it is easy to talk to 30 or more new people in a day. Here.... we are lucky if we talk to 5 new people. If we knock 20 doors, 19 of them won’t even be opened. So... it is difficult. Almost every single person here has already heard all about the missionaries and wants nothing to do with us. Haha. But we still try and talk to them anyway. There ARE people here that need the gospel. There ARE people here that are ready to hear it, but we just have to be patient and keep looking for them. So that is what we will do.

Hey, that is fantastic news that you are reading the Book of Mormon again. Read it. Every single day. I do it. That is what keeps me going. I love the Book of Mormon. I read it... a lot. Haha. Whenever I have time I try to read it. So keep on that, and I guarantee that you will see the blessings.

Hey, have a good week! Hope you are doing well. Enjoy dinner with the Borup’s. Tell them I say hi. And... I haven’t really received my package yet. We don’t see mail too often down here. It is probably in the office in Osorno, though. No worries.

Elder Warren



No comments:

Post a Comment